RivaTV - contact
older news -
Means to contact us
We prefer that you contact us at
for tech support !
If you want to mingle in the development discussions, send mail to
This way, you can be certain someone will respond to your message within
However, there are some other possibilities you may want to use:
The sourceforge forums
are at your disposal.
If you are in need of immediate assistance, and are lucky enough to find one
of us there, IRC may be for you.
server: irc.isdnet.fr:6667 (or any other EFnet server)
- Bug tracker
Usually, we are the only ones using
SF's bug tracker.
But if you feel this is the place for your problem, go right ahead.
When sending a bug report or support request
We always need information to be able to help you. Here's a list of what we may
need. If unsure, include it!
- problem/bug description
- linux kernel version + UP or SMP
- RivaTV version (release or CVS + date)
- graphics card used (name, nVidia chip, decoder chip)
- some global system information (CPU, chipset, memory)
- video standard (NTSC/PAL/SECAM)
- X driver + version
- client software (xawtv/ffmpeg/mplayer/rtvl/etc), if relevant
- relevant parts of your syslog (usually /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog)
- output of cat /proc/drivers/rivatv? if available
© 2003, 2004 RivaTV team